Oct 08, 2023
South Africa and India, to a greater extent, have implemented measures to protect their domestic market share of PET bottle chip. They have provided certain tariff concessions to one of the PET bottle chip factories in China, rather than completely blocking imports.
South Africa: On May 19, 2020, the South African government announced anti-dumping tariffs on PET chip (HS code starting with 39076) originating from mainland China. The rates imposed were 28.26% for Zhejiang Wankai, 26.4% for Far Eastern Shanghai, 28.89% for other companies, and exemptions were granted to Sanfame (including Jiangyin Xingye, Xingyu, and Xingtai). Additionally, the general import tariff on PET bottle chip from China to South Africa is currently 15%. Therefore, the majority of Chinese PET bottle chip exporters to South Africa face a total tariff of 43.89% (15%+28.89%).